Monday, March 26, 2018

Legoland

A couple of years ago my mom and I took the boys to Legoland. Literally from the time we walked out the door of the hotel they have talked about wanting to go back, this time with their daddy.  Legoland just happens to be less than an hour from where the conference was so we added it onto our trip.  What can I say, these boys are hard to turn down!  

When we got to the hotel the boys immediately did the treasure hunt in the room to find their "treasure" (snacks, little Lego set)


Of course they had to immediately build it. 

This hotel is a kid's dream. So much fun for them! 

I mean this was laying on their pillows!

Their corner had its own TV and the three Lego movies play non stop all day so their was always something to watch.
The next morning dawned bright and early.  Ryan and I both looked as awake as we felt. 

Surely it's acceptable to come downstairs to eat breakfast and build Legos in your pajamas, right? 

Time to hit the park! 

First up- the new Ninjago world 









One thing that I did not factor in was that it was spring break in Florida.  The hotel and park was crowded and lines were long. We definitely skipped over a lot.


Back home Nana had taken over and these two were having fun at the beach.

Lunch overlooking mini-land



That afternoon we headed back to the hotel for a quick rest and more swimming. 

The boys and Ryan went to the master builder workshop while I packed our stuff up. 

A little bit more building. 

One last ride on the disco elevator 
Time to go home!



So long Legoland!

Since we hadn't eaten enough ice cream on this trip we went to the airport and found...space ice cream.  One last treat to end our trip. 

Harrison was pretty impressed with this stuff. 

James had a ton of homework we had neglected to do while gone. Poor buddy, I felt bad on his behalf looking at that stack of worksheets. 

Ever the teacher I made sure H had some "homework" as well 


The conversation when leaving this time was James and Harrison discussing when Andrew and Kate got to go to Legoland. So it looks like I will probably be sucked into going to this place one more time.  Of course of all the hotels we have ever been to none of them fit a family of 6 so I'm not seeing any vacations with all of us in the near future but maybe one day. :)

When I tucked Harrison into bed the night we came back he said, "Mom I didn't want to leave."  I said, "buddy I know but maybe one day we will go back."  "But that's so far from now," he said and little tears welled up in his eyes.  I replied, "Well we have a lot of really fun things coming up to look forward to."  His response, "I just don't think anything could be as fun as this".  Pretty much the ultimate compliment from him- super fun trip together!   

No comments:

Post a Comment