Monday, March 19, 2018

Harrison update

Harrison isn't having a half birthday but I didn't want to leave him out so I figured he should get an update too.  Harrison has been growing up SO much lately.  I have been amazed at how he is changing, maturing and learning.  He continues to have his dry sense of humor, and he keeps us all laughing and on our toes.  He doesn't follow the crowd.  He doesn't filter his thoughts or words.  He loves in a big way and he is surprisingly sensitive.  His best friend is James and he adores his little brother and sister.  He is by far the biggest talker in our crowd.  This is another super fun age.  You can almost see his brain working non stop each day and I love all the hilarious things that he says. 

His amazing preschool teachers did a unit on the human body and they made these neat costumes that showed parts like your lungs, stomach, etc.  He came home and told me so many interesting facts and details.  

He still loves music. 

Singing away while Kate accompanies him on the guitar 

He has been working hard with his swim lessons to get ready for summer. 

"Mom this is what I do to make sure no water gets in my nose." 

He had a major haircut which has changed his look tremendously!  He came home one day and told me that he wanted hair like daddy that he could spike up so off we went. 



His "I will not smile face". 

He loves to be a helper.  This day he wanted to help me change out our flags. 

He loves to do art and science projects.  This day he decorated a piece of paper towel and was so excited for me to hang it in our living room.  I didn't have the heart to tell him no. I'm pretty sure it stayed there a month. 

He insisted on wearing these rain boots to school "just in case it rains mom." 


Performing at the preschool "circus" 

He and Andrew are both my non-sweet eaters.  This day I took him to pick out a snack at the cafeteria and he was thrilled to get the cheese and grapes cup.  I love that he picks the healthier choices.  Now if he can just rub off on James and Kate...  One of the great benefits of speech therapy for A and K has been that it gave Harrison and I twice a week special time together.  


He has really stepped it up as a big brother.  He is super attentive to Andrew and Kate and is willing to help them and take care of them.  He also makes the most hilarious expressions for pictures.  Recently I realized that Harrison is almost the same age that James was when Andrew and Kate were born- crazy! 

This day he really wanted to read them a book at lunch. 

Andrew often requests a bed time story from Harrison before nap time and Harrison is happy to do so.  

No comments:

Post a Comment