Sunday, March 18, 2018

James 7 1/2

How is my first baby half way to 8???  This age is such a sweet spot to me. He is mature enough to go anywhere and do just about anything but sweet enough that he doesn't have that pre-teen attitude yet.  James continues to have a love of learning, he thrives on positive reinforcement, he loves sports, Legos, and reading.  He is a late owl.  Many nights I check on him and it's super late and he is reading away.  He is a huge rule follower and feels very convicted when he does wrong.  He truly has a kind and tender heart towards people.  He is the most amazing big brother to all three of his siblings.  He definitely has his moments but overall I am loving this stage with him!  If anyone has read my post on my lovely 2 1/2 year old toddlers I am just hoping that we have maybe one year of everyone in the "sweet stage" before James becomes a moody teenager. :) 

He LOVES sports.  I limit what he can do but if it was up to him he would play as many as possible. He also loves to watch sports on TV. 

This cracked me up.  I told James we were not doing the Jump Rope for Heart fundraiser (I love his school but every time you turn around they want money for something).  Late that night he came in my room with this note he had written to me. 

It was a little hard to read so I wrote it out to remember.  Needless to say I caved and we did the fundraiser.  Apparently the "scare squad" is the equivalent of multiple happy toys that you receive. 
Super helpful big brother 

Love him so much! It's hard to believe how tall and skinny he is compared to that baby/toddler who had fat rolls for days

It is hard for me to put into words the relationship James and Harrison have.  It is very special and one of my hopes and prayers is that it stays that way.  I love that they have each other to do life with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment