Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Family Weekend Part 2- Family Reunion

From the beach we headed straight to the Pigford family reunion.  It's amazing how big the family is and it was special to get to see everyone and for the kids to play with so many cousins.  


Our local cousins!

We missed Whitney and Rod but at least we got to see Davis!


After your typical delicious southern cuisine lunch I let Kate and Andrew have their first piece of Granny Baker's pound cake and they loved it. 

I glanced over and Andrew had kicked back and was eating away.  

They may have had more than one piece. I think several sympathetic family members kept giving them more every time they wandered over to the dessert table.  My biggest regret is that I didn't sneak one away in my purse for the next day! 

After eating her cake I looked over and Kate had swiped someone's (who knows who) piece of fried chicken and was strutting around eating all the crunchy part.  It was about more than I could handle (I'm a little particular about food lol) but I couldn't bare to take it from her.  

"The crunchy part is just so good Mama" 

Granny Baker and her four children 

Just a small portion of all the people who were there.  This was Granny Baker's crew. It's always special seeing how everyone has changed and grown! 

No comments:

Post a Comment