Monday, October 23, 2017

Family Weekend Part 1

This past weekend we had one of our most jam-packed weekends we have had in awhile.  It did not initially start off that way but things kept being added on top of plans already made so we basically squeezed a weeks worth of activities into two days.  It was fun though!  Fall is one of our favorite times to be at the beach so Ryan and I had planned to take the kids this weekend which was also Vivienne's due date in hopes we would be able to meet her.  Thankfully she had already made her debut and the kids couldn't wait to see her. 

We had a particularly rough ride to the beach. I think we had to stop four times in less than two hours.  However once we arrived we immediately went over to the beach and just let the kids run.  




I made a quick exit after Ryan graciously said he would get the kids to bed and headed over for some Vivi snuggles.  I knew it would be chaotic the next day and I wanted some time with her.  

It was also David's birthday! Greer had cooked a delicious dinner and had presents and cake.  Oh and have I mentioned this is not even 2 weeks after giving birth? She is amazing! 

While I was there Ryan texted me this picture.  My mom had all sorts of dessert options for the boys and Harrison chose a sausage biscuit.  Oh I love him, he makes us all laugh! 
 We have been wanting to take the boys to the battleship in Wilmington for awhile.  I knew there was no way to do it with two toddlers so our sitter came and played with A and K while the rest of us headed downtown.  It was so interesting and the boys really loved it!




David and Georgia met us there. 


Throwing coins down the "wishing well" 

Talk about a big bowl!

Lots and lots of steep stairs.  It also felt like a maze. We actually got separated from David, Georgia, and James for awhile by accident. 

I was surprised at how excited Harrison was at seeing everything 

We had to check out the operating room 







Later that afternoon we headed to the water.  James has been asking for one of these kid kayaks and I finally got one. It was a blast! He and Harrison both loved it.  


It only took him minutes to figure out how to paddle and steer 



Kate loved the kayak 


So did Andrew!

Pappy decided to stick to his boat

I cannot believe James swam in that water. Too cold for me!  Harrison also loved the kayak but had more trouble steering so we came up with the idea of hooking the little kayak to Ryan's kayak with a rope and then it worked perfectly. 

These two found a new favorite activity- scooping rocks!

We decided to venture out for a quick boat ride

I wonder what these two were talking about?


At this point we can successfully ride on the boat for about 30 mins before we head into meltdown mode.  

Snack time bought us about 15 extra mins

Harrison was a great boat driver 


After the boat ride we headed to have some cousin time with Vivienne and to also give Georgia her birthday present. I can't believe she is about to be 3! When we walked in Kate started calling "Vivi, baby Vivi?"

James asked me if he would be able to hold Vivi. He said "mom I really am good at holding babies. I mean I still hold Kate and she is a lot heavier."  Truth be told he is probably better at holding babies than a lot of adults! 

These three were completely enamored with her! Andrew kept shaking his head and saying "No! Hold you!"  In other words, you better hold ME mama, not this baby. 




We tried to get a picture of all six kids. Andrew and Kate wanted nothing to do with it and this was my first pic, lol.  

As good as we can get!
When we got into the car I said, "James did you like your new cousin?" He said, "Mom I don't like her, I love her.  I just cannot resist kissing her".  Poor kid- I had been super hard core that no one was to kiss the baby.  It is hard having a mom that is fanatical about germs!

Georgia came with us to go to the beach house for a cousin sleepover and we stopped to grab dinner. A man came up to me and said, "Are these kids really all yours?"

Since we hadn't done enough for one day we headed out to dinner to celebrate the adult October birthdays- Dad, Ryan, and David! 


Breakfast the next morning

Morning snuggles with Pappy 

This made me laugh. Georgia was eating a cereal bar and Kate wanted a bite so Gigi gave her the smallest crumb.  In typical Kate fashion she reached in and took out the rest of the whole bar for herself! 

Last but certainly not least, as I was packing up our car I looked over and saw Greer going to town on the hula hoop.  Impressive!  

No comments:

Post a Comment