Thursday, February 21, 2019

Trip Day 1

Every winter I get a touch of the winter blues and always crave some sunshine.  This year Ryan and I decided to go on a quick trip with the boys in hopes to relax and unwind while getting some extra vitamin D. One of my goals is that in the future we can travel with our whole crew and find a way to balance quality time with each of the kids while also having quality time with each other.  I have to admit I wondered if such a trip was even possible. Well thankfully the answer is yes! This trip was our first time ever using a hotel with a kids' club and it was amazing!!!  It was a perfect mix of great time with the boys while also having quality time together. The weather ended up being perfect- 80 degrees and sunny. We couldn't have asked for a better weekend together.

So thankful to have some extra time with my big boys. I feel like I don't get nearly enough with them in school! 


Ready to go! We got a great direct flight which was so nice. 

H was thrilled with his juice and snack. Thank you Southwest for being the only airline with a lid and straw for kids!

We made it to our hotel and saw an ice cream store and immediately jumped into vacation mode. 

We could not believe it when we pushed a button and a TV came on in the bathroom mirror

We quickly threw on our bathing suits and began exploring.  The boys loved this kid hang out area. It had tons of games, every video game system you could think of and even these huge interactive iPads. 



After a few minutes we headed for the lazy river. 


James LOVED this lazy river. I lost count of how many times he just kept floating through it.

Harrison really wanted to just swim so I took him to one of the pools

I love any time we have a one on one ratio parent to kid because then the kid gets to have a chance to pick what they really want to do, something that rarely happens at our house. H was so content just swimming and J was loving his time with Ryan in the lazy river.  Great first afternoon!

I had the idea to convince Harrison to sleep on a crib mattress so I could have a bed to myself (anyone who knows me knows I am an incredibly light sleeper).  Harrison was so tickled that they left him these things. He loved that little deer stuffed animal and decided the rest could go to baby Margaret and Vivi as their souvenir. 

That night we ate at the hotel. The view was beautiful! 

This hotel is not a Disney hotel but you could still see all the parks from where we were. 


Harrison ordered a special lemonade drink that had soda in it (which he has never tried). He was so excited but one sip was enough for him and then he was back to his water! 

I love that James wanted a steak. The kid is going to eat us out of the house. 

You can never have too much ice cream when you are on vacation 

Right when we finished the fireworks started over at Magic Kingdom. They were far away but still fun to watch. 

When we returned the boys were thrilled. Mini robes, pirate hats and pirate swords were waiting for them. 

And goody bags!


Before the light was even off this kid crashed.  The trip was off to a great start!















No comments:

Post a Comment