Monday, December 24, 2018

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve didn't quite go as plan due to an unexpected migraine but we tried to make the best of it! We headed to Granny Baker's Christmas Eve get-together for lunch and a fun time with extended family. 
Nana brought craft supplies and long after everyone else was done Kate sat there working.  She loves an art project. 

More art time with Davis 

I'm pretty sure Uncle Bobby was Margaret's favorite person on this day. It's hard not to share your ice cream with someone that cute! 

Time for Bingo!



We played Dirty Santa with snacks this year and Andrew was pretty excited to get the Veggie Straws he chose. 

We were all exhausted when we got home and not in the best of moods.  We put the kids down as fast as possible and Ryan decided to try out his new coffee pot.   

Turns out he needed that coffee because I started handing him toys to put together :) 

All done before 10:00! And my kids may not always be the most well behaved but they do know they have to stay in their beds until I allow them to get up so we didn't even have to wait for them to fall asleep to get things organized. #meanmama



the manager gifts 


This was so funny to me but as I was kissing H and J goodnight Harrison was very concerned that I leave cookies and milk "so we can help be Santa for Andrew and Kate". We are not big Santa people and the boys know that there is no man coming down our chimney but I thought it was so sweet that Harrison wanted A and K to think he had come and eaten his cookies. James added to the conversation "mom since you are mostly our Santa and you love sugar cookies leave those" 😂  

As I was cleaning up I found this present Harrison made me at school along with this hilarious self portrait ornament. 

James brought one home too 

We loved getting all of our cards this year! If anyone didn't get one from us it's because I never sent the second half out. The flu hit and then life hit and the next thing I knew it was mid-January. 

"Mom can I sleep in my sleeping bag because it's Christmas Eve and it's very important to me?" 

Sweet memories, the best of room sharing. 

Almost Christmas morning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment