Friday, January 19, 2018

Disney Here We Come!

For a long time Harrison has randomly asked me when he can go to Disney World.   Ryan and I had tried to figure out how to take him but logistically we just could not make it work, and I finally resigned myself that he would just have to wait awhile longer.  Well late one night the mom guilt kicked in.  James got to go to Disney on a special trip when he was Harrison's age and loved it.  It was magical and that night I looked at Ryan and said "What if we wait and Harrison misses the magic?"  Now that sounds ridiculous but this is why you don't think about such things late at night when you are a sleep deprived mom of 4 who already feels sorry for that poor middle child.  Ryan's response was "just book the trip."  We finally figured out that Ryan had one three day weekend and he was willing to watch Andrew and Kate so I could take the big boys.  My mom was happy to tag along and while the trip was short and sweet it was SO worth it!  

When we got to the airport Harrison ran to me and said "Mommy Mommy! There is a man on that wall and he looks JUST like daddy. He is even wearing doctor's clothes!" His expression when I told him that yes, that actually is his daddy was priceless lol. 

For some unknown reason Harrison insisted on wearing his star wars pajamas to travel in that day.  #dontsweatthesmallstuff

Hanging at the airport.  Harrison loved looking at the Disney app on my phone. 



I don't think Harrison remembered much about flying and his never ending monologue on that first flight was hilarious.  It was probably worth taking the trip just for that. 

He got to be my seat buddy on the next flight. 

On the Disney bus!



After checking in we headed to the pool and stopped by for some ice cream on the way


It was a little cold for me but these two sure didn't seem to mind 

I finally told them I would swim but it had to be in the hot tub :) 

Quick game of Connect Four

On the way back to our room we saw an icy place.  Well you just can't say no when you are at Disney and it's your child's favorite dessert. 

"Mom! Mom! Look- two cribs just like we have. We could have brought Andrew and Kate!" 

You could watch the fireworks from our hotel.  It wasn't the same experience as being in the park but still neat. 

I convinced Harrison to sleep on this chair so I didn't have to share my bed with him. 

Worn out after a long day of travel. Tomorrow- Animal Kingdom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment