Saturday, August 19, 2017

James is 7!

I cannot believe that James is 7!  He was so excited about his birthday this year. He had it all planned- a trip to Chuck E Cheese. I don't know what it is about that place but my kids love it.  I will say that it was very easy for me as a parent to have a party there. I showed up with a cake and signed the bill and that was all I had to do.    

My last hug while he is six 

I like to always have the table decorated and ready so the birthday kid sees it first thing when they come downstairs 

The past couple of years James always requests breakfast in bed on his birthday and we always do a special breakfast. This year I was waiting in line at Chick fil a the moment they opened so I could get food and get back before everyone was up. 

Birthday breakfast! 


Harrison was insistent that he get James a present and was so pumped to give it to him.  As soon as he handed James the package he said "hey James it's going to be Legos!" Lol. 



Andrew and Kate missed breakfast in bed but they got to come down for the present opening excitement 


Pretty soon it was party time! 







He was very adamant that he wanted a Pokemon cake




The main reason he wanted a party here- getting to go in the ticket blaster!  




Pinata time!

Harrison is the one who ended up pulling out all the prizes!



Sweet brothers.  I cannot believe I let them get these shirts. I have come a long way. 

James was so excited that Nene was there.  I think I'm going to have to do parties on weekends from now on because he didn't understand why all of his grandparents and extended family members weren't there. The "some people have to be at work" reason did not satisfy! 

Love my big boys! Andrew and Kate stayed at home with the sitter to take a nap.  This would not have been a very fun place to keep up with them! 

We made it back home and relaxed for a bit while James checked out all his new gifts and of course immediately started building Lego sets.  

I told him he could choose anywhere for dinner and no surprise here-he chose Buffalo Wild Wings

After dinner he and H loaded up with my mom to head to Greenville for a fun long weekend.  What a great end to a birthday! 
Dear James,

Today you are 7!  I cannot believe that it has been seven years since I met your sweet face for the first time, the cutest, most adorable baby I had ever seen.  I never could have imagined what a wonderful and fun kid you would become.  You are genuinely kind and care about others.  You seek to please, you love to learn, and you are the best big brother to Harrison and Andrew and Kate.  Some of your favorites include building Legos, Pokemon, playing outside, playing games, sports, wrestling with Harrison, and you are a total bookworm. You LOVE to read, you love school, and you love Jesus.  Tonight I went to check on you and it was hours past bed time and you were wide awake reading your bible.  I ask your dad frequently, "is it possible that he will somehow keep that tender sweet heart that we love so much?"  My hope and prayer is that yes you will! Happy Birthday buddy, your dad and I love you more than you will ever know.


No comments:

Post a Comment