Friday, August 10, 2018

Double Birthday Party

It's a long story but somehow I got sucked into doing a double birthday party at Chucke Cheese for James and Harrison.  The lesson I learned was don't ever tell your kids something unless you are 100 percent sure you are up for doing it (I've actually been taught this lesson many many times over the past 8 years).  Anyway, we kept it super simple. I told each kid they could invite two kids because that's all I could fit into the mini van.  One of Harrison's buddies was out of town but the rest piled up and we headed to Chucke. 

I was a little disappointed in Publix with this cake but whatever.  The kids didn't seem to mind.  

Ready to go!  This was our first party where parents didn't have to come. 

A and K came with Ryan 




This was Andrew and Kate's first time to play the games and it took them a few minutes but they got the hang of it. 


Kate's reaction when Chucke came out. She was not a fan. 




Pappy kept her safe from "that big mouse" 



We were so glad Georgia could come!

Time for the ticket blaster


Harrison was SO scared when it was his turn. We had to do some coaxing to get him in there. 


More play time!



Andrew and Pappy bonded over this game. Andrew was thrilled with the tickets!


Typical family photo




The party was very chaotic and the place was very unorganized but after I complained they gave me 50 percent off so that made it a little better. I did tell Ryan we were never doing a party here again! (Of course A and K have asked almost daily about Chucke so time will tell if I can stick to that) 


1 comment:

  1. Andrew looks so much like I remember Jimmy looking. Something about his smile makes me think of Jimmy when I see pics!

    ReplyDelete