Tuesday, September 12, 2017

2nd Anchor Run

The kids and I were excited to get to participate in the second Anchor Run recently.  This is a race that was started in memory of a special little girl that lived in my parents' neighborhood and it benefits multiple charities/organizations including a couple that helped us when the babies were born.  Ryan unfortunately was working so the kids and I loaded up and headed to Greenville. James has been asking since last year if he could run this time (last year he had to walk with my parents and Harrison).  Last year Ryan and I suffered through the 5K but this year I decided to stick to the one mile. :) The weather was gorgeous, the kids had a blast and we got to see lots of friends. It was a great day! 

This has been our reality for almost two years but EVERY time I see a picture of me and these four I still can't quite believe they are all mine! 

We were so excited to see Marianne!

I love my mom photo bombing in the background 



Love these ladies!

Davis came to run too!

I ended up handing out family assignments (sometimes I am WAY too type A).  My mom was in charge of A and K, my dad was in charge of H, and I was in charge of J. This way I knew everyone was taken care of and wouldn't get lost in the crowd. 


James was super intense about this race. He is very competitive and really wanted to win. 


My friend Sara took these when she saw us coming 

At this point he started saying, "I just can't keep running mom." My reply "do not stop now you will always regret it!!!"  I had given him a lot of pep talks beforehand. 

I was about to fall out, this kid didn't run a mile- he sprinted a mile! 




He didn't win but he was close and he ran the whole time

So proud! 

Here comes Nene a.k.a Super Granny 

There were snacks and drinks for afterwards.  These two were happy to eat a Popsicle 


Poor dad. Somehow Harrison convinced him he wanted to do the "long race" and Dad let him do the 5K. I think he pretty much carried him the entire 3.1 miles! 


Finally made it to the finish line! 

Andrew saw us and decided he needed to run across 



"I got this guys. First place for the 1 and under division." 



No comments:

Post a Comment