Thursday, September 7, 2017

Back to School We Go!

After a fun and busy summer I think all of us were ready for some routine and structure to make its way back into our lives.  James went back to school first which always makes me sad. He is gone so much of the day and I miss him!  It is also hard on Harrison to not have his play mate at home.  James was thrilled to go back though, he loves school and was very excited about first grade. 

All four kids dressed, only one missing shoes, fed and ready all before 7:30 in the morning. #momwin


Ready to walk to school! Love that we live so close


Harrison thought he was hot stuff this morning 

H is very jealous he is not at the same school with James yet

James was so ready to get to his classroom that I had to force him to pause so I could get some pictures! 


A couple of weeks later it was Harrison's turn!  His first day drop off didn't go so smoothly.  To begin with the twins had speech so we had already taken James to school, gone to the hospital for speech, gone back to the preschool, and Andrew and Kate were not in a good mood. To make matters worse I realized upon arrival that I had forgotten the double stroller.  Both twins ended up having epic meltdowns. I mean on the ground kicking and screaming. I was trying to wrangle them both (in front of every mom and dad in the preschool)  and poor Harrison barely got a goodbye kiss before we booked it out of there.  I felt so guilty that his special moment was overshadowed and also super annoyed that Ryan wasn't there to suffer   enjoy this experience with me.

Sweet boy looking so grown up and proud! 

It all went downhill from here
The next day was the day I have been dreaming of since I found out I was pregnant with twins: 1st day of preschool for A and K!  I love being a stay at home mom and I wouldn't trade it for anything but boy I have needed some alone time! It is so nice to have a couple of mornings a week where I can just get things done.  Someone asked me what I was doing that first day and my response was "sitting at home, alone on the couch, and drinking hot coffee."  3 things that have rarely happened the past few years!  Also as I pointed out to Ryan, even on days they go to preschool I still get to be with them for 10 hours so it's not like our time together is lacking :)

I had in my mind an adorable image of the two of them...not happening lol 




I just had to include this to remember the chaos of trying to take a picture at this age 

Andrew woke up with swollen eyes due to bug bites but he still looked adorable! 

Miss Kate was super proud of herself 


Harrison was so helpful to hold Kate's hand and walk her to her room 




Andrew went into freak out mode immediately but I kissed them goodbye and said "see ya!" and ran out the door without a look back  :) 

I dropped A and K off first so I could do a repeat of drop off for Harrison and make up for the day before! 

A and K's teacher sent me these pictures- both sitting on their mat

Hard at work!
According to their teachers all four kids have had a great start to the school year. I feel like we have entered into a new phase of life in the Holland household!

No comments:

Post a Comment