Sunday, April 28, 2019

Spring Break- Special Days

Over spring break two of the kids ended up getting to have a really special day.  For awhile I had been wanting to have a girls' day with Kate.  I rarely get to do anything with just her and needless to say the ladies are quite outnumbered at our house!  She currently loves all things pink and sparkly and girly so I decided we would go get our nails done.  I will confess part of me felt a little weird about it (considering I did not get a pedicure until I was in college and I was about to take my 3 year old to get one) but she LOVED it.  I don't know if I ever remember seeing her so happy! She kept saying "I love this Mommy. I love this so much." 

How amazing is it that this place give you ice cream???





No surprise here- she chose "pink sparkle" for her nail color 

The people there were all oohing and ahhing over her cuteness and somehow one of them ended up giving her an extra ice cream. 
Later that week David asked if he could take James for a couple of hours to the batting cage.  He ended up keeping him the rest of the day and let him pick all sorts of fun things.  They went to the batting cage, Dairy queen (where he got a size large blizzard vs the mini I always make him get!), they went bowling, to their house to play video games and baseball in the back yard, and finally to Buffalo Wild Wings.  When I asked James about it that night he said, "Mom I'm not trying to brag but it was basically the best day of my life."  It made my heart so happy that he got to have that time with David and Greer and the girls!  One of the downfalls of our family is that the kids rarely get to pick what they want so James was ecstatic to have a day where he got to choose so many things that he enjoys.







No comments:

Post a Comment