Tuesday, January 1, 2019

So long 2018, Hello 2019!

To be honest by Dec 31 I was exhausted from the holidays and tired of traveling.  The month of holiday craziness combined with a kid who had just randomly thrown up made me want to spend the last hours of the year curled up on the couch.  But...there is no laying around on the couch at this house so we decided we might as well head back to the beach :) 
A couple of hours after we got there the kids were in bed, my parents had gone out to dinner and believe it or not I actually WAS laying on the couch! 

I did get one extra visit from this cutie but it's hard to be mad at that smile 
The next morning was cloudy and a little dreary but we didn't let that stop us. 


Benefits of being a twin: always  having someone to help you dig huge holes on the beach while wearing Christmas pjs




Time for a family walk!  We have found so many interesting treasures/shells on the beach since the hurricane.

Football time!

That afternoon the sun was shining so a few of us decided to take one last boat ride for the year. 

Andrew LOVED the boat. "Go faster Pappy! Look a buoy! A buoy!" 

Kate on the other hand when we picked up speed yelled out "WE ARE GOING TO SINK!!!!" 

Overall they both have come a long way since summer!



What a way to end the year. 


When we got back I introduced A and K to Aladdin. 

I had no plans to do anything special on this trip and at the last minute we decided to go to a New Year's Eve party on the island. I realized I had nothing for the kids to wear so I made a quick trip to Walmart. I think they look pretty cute!







There was a huge buffet but I personally went crazy for the seafood section. Yum!

My mom took Kate and basically got her a dessert platter. That girl was THRILLED. She was so funny to watch as she sampled all her desserts. 
Apparently that dessert was funny

We worked so hard to get a group shot and then realized my dad was completely cut out of the photo, whoops!

Look who we bumped into!

Outside they had fire pits and a s'more area



Andrew got a little out of control. Apparently he thought he was supposed to get to roast every single marshmallow on the table. 



Kate went into a major sugar high and started dancing around while eating marshmallows


Dancing with Nene 

H worked hard to achieve the perfect toasted marshmallow. 

None of us made it till midnight but we enjoyed a low key morning the next day. 

James designed his own video game and was explaining it in detail to Ryan 

The weather this day was AMAZING. 

Deep conversations with Pappy 


Looking forward to what this next year has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment