Thursday, October 8, 2015

NiCU Day 6 and 7

Day 6- Today I just tried to soak up my time with the babies because later that afternoon I was heading back to New Bern with the boys.  After being in Greenville for a week it became pretty clear that the boys needed some structure and routine so we made the decision to make New Bern our home base again and I would just commute back and forth.  Unfortunately there was no easy solution and trying to balance the needs of all four kids has definitely been a struggle.  By today the babies had continued to increase their feeds. Andrew was up to 17 ml per feed and Kate was up to 15 ml per feed. They also decided to let them try breathing room air which was exciting.  Kate ended up doing really well but Andrew did get put back on the nasal cannula a little later. They also were both starting to gain weight.



Good morning Andrew!

Hello Kate! 
Had to get my snuggles in before I left
Sweet boy
A little snuggle time with Kate
I think that paci is as big as her
Breathing room air
Day 7- This day was sad for me because it was their one week birthday and I didn't even get to see them. Thankfully Rebecca, Marianne, and Nana were able to send me some pictures. 





I laughed out loud when I saw this. The nurses made her a bow. They said they call it an Aunt Jemima bow :) 

I love Rebecca and her selfies with the babies

What a big yawn!
I wanted to make the boys' first days back at school special so I ordered them both a cookie cake to share with their friends.  Their teachers also let them bring pictures of the babies into preschool and tell about becoming big brothers.



Ryan texted me this picture from when he showed up to work that day. We are so blessed by people!
The summary of James's class from the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment