Sunday, April 20, 2014

Sickness and Sleeplesness

I almost didn't write this post because who wants to remember a week like this? However I decided I should so that one day, many years from now, when my kids have kids I can look back and remember how crazy things can be! And for once this post has no pictures.

The week started off with Harrison waking up Sunday with a fever.  He seemed completely fine but Ryan came home after work and stayed with him while I took James to church.  By that evening he was starting to really feel rough and that night was absolutely miserable.  He cried and cried and nothing would make him stop. He only slept from 1 a.m. to 3 a.m.  Needless to say it was a tough night.  First thing that morning I made a dr apt and off we went, leaving the house a disaster.  Walked into the doctor's office and my phone went off. We had a house showing in an hour. I called Ryan who somehow was able to leave work and frantically clean up the house.  After seeing Harrison's throat which was COVERED in ulcers it was determinded that he had hand foot and mouth diease.  He was pitiful. After leaving the dr I still had 2 hours before I could go home.   There aren't many things more fun than driving around 2 hours with a sick baby who hates being in a car seat...

Another sleepless night, a hard day on Tuesday but by Wednesday things were starting to look up.  Harrison seemed to be on the mend.  Then we got a call from preschool. James had a fever.  His symptoms were very different than hand foot mouth so we figured he had something else.

Wednesday night- I start feeling bad. Harrison got up at 2:45 in the morning and never went back to sleep.  By Thursday morning I had a fever of over 103. I could seriously barely move.  Ryan had surgery that morning and left me with both kids and I was struggling.  I texted him around lunch time and told him I REALLY needed him to come home. He finally made it home around 4. It was honestly one of the sickness days of my life.

To say it was a rough week is an understatement. To say I am excited about moving closer to family is a huge understatement.  The whole being really sick with two kids and a husband who is a resident and no family nearby is really not fun! But... thankfully we survived. Praise Jesus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment