Monday, June 4, 2018

Harrison is 5!!!

I feel like I say this a lot on the blog but I cannot believe Harrison is 5.  I literally feel like I was just writing his four year old post.  This has been without a doubt one of the fastest years of my life; time is flying!  There is something about 5 that is really bittersweet. It is one of those milestones birthdays, and I was really sentimental about him turning another year older.  Add to it the fact that he is going to kindergarten in a few months and I am an emotional wreck! 

Harrison is one of those kids who looks forward to next birthday the day after his previous one- he talks about it for months!  Sometimes it can be a hard day for him because of all the anticipation and then the let down when it is over but I think this year he had a great day celebrating. 

Birthday presents along with his special drink of choice: Gatorade.  His face lit up when he saw that big bottle!

He requested breakfast in bed and wanted chicken minis. I was waiting at Chick fil a the moment they opened and then sped home before everyone got up. 

I overheard him and James having the sweetest conversation in their room while they were waiting to get out of bed. One of the perks of room sharing! 

After a few minutes he said, "Mom I really wanted to eat IN my bed" and Ryan said, "well get in it!" 


James was very excited for him to open the present he had bought- tie dyed slime kit, gummy worms, and a bunch of tattoos.  His big brother knows him well :) 

One of the first things Andrew said that morning after waking up was "It's going to be MY birthday tomorrow". Sorry buddy, you have a few more months to go. 

A few days earlier I was given the opportunity to have this hot wheels garage from a friend who was done with it- it made a perfect birthday present! Nana arrived that morning and we were all excited to have the whole day with her. 

He is 5!

"I am five too!" 

That afternoon my mom showed up with the birthday cake he had requested: cookie cake with all the colors in the rainbow on it. 

And of course five orange mms- the kid has always loved orange. 

Per Harrison's request the kids and Ryan had spent the afternoon playing outside with water balloons and the water slide. 

The look you make when you are told you can't have any cake yet. 

I told Kate to not touch the cake so she put her finger as close as possible without actually touching it. She loves to push the limits! 

Harrison was so glad to have his grandparents here for dinner. We missed Pop!

I tried to explain to him that he was 5 not 10 but there was no changing his mind for this picture. 

Pizza time! 




Andrew's expressions when Harrison blew out his candle were priceless. He was SO excited that we ended up re-lighting the candle and singing all over again. 

Who wants cake? 


Presents from the grandparents 


A little love from Andrew 


Harrison how can you already be 5?  You have grown up so much this past year.  At your well check you were 40.5 pounds and 41.5 inches tall.  You continue to be our funniest kid. Every day you say so many hilarious things that make us laugh out loud.  This past year you have also started to show another more serious side.  You have become more compassionate, more concerned about others,  more willing to be helpful, more attentive to Andrew and Kate in your big brother role.  If I ask you who your best friend is your answer is normally James- you think he hung the moon! The two of you have one of the most special brother relationships I have seen.  Your brain is constantly working and you keep me on my toes with the tough questions you ask; I am amazed at what you are able to think about and verbalize at this age.  You are a bright ray of sunshine in our lives and we are so thankful for you!   

No comments:

Post a Comment