Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Spring Break!

Well we made it through spring break! Anyone who knows me knows that I thrive and survive on routine and structure so breaks can sometimes be a challenge for me as a mom (I'm already wondering what I will do with those 13 weeks of no preschool this summer!).  We are still somewhat limited on what activities we can do that everyone enjoys and we can do safely together when I am by myself with all the kiddos.  We are making progress though and thankfully I had some back up with friends and family this week. 

We started off spring break with a swim in the indoor pool at the gym.  I dropped A and K off in childcare (the pool is one of those places that I am definitely not brave enough to tackle yet solo) and took the big boys plus one of James's friends to swim.  They loved it!

Afterwards we had picnic and played on the playground. 

The weather was beautiful that day so we spent as much time as possible outside. 
This water table is looking rough. We have definitely gotten our money's worth out of it. Hopefully it can make it one more summer!


That afternoon my mom swung by on her way to the beach and picked up James and Harrison.  She also got Georgia so they could have some cousin time together. 



The next day I met friends at the aquarium.  Normally Andrew and Kate love this place but for some reason this was a really difficult day for them. 


True friends hang on to your kid so they don't fall into the touch tank! 

Oh buddy. This is one of those pictures you take to remind yourself how tough the toddler years are so you have sympathy for all the other moms of young kids out there. 

I ended up having to haul these kids all the way to the car from the outdoor playground while they both threw a fit.  Lesson learned: never forget the double stroller! 

Apparently a lot of their problem was that they were super "hangry" because once we got to El's and they scarfed down lunch all was well again. 

Kate decided to just stretch out and relax after that big lunch. I also love that all three moms drive the same mini van lol. 
Meanwhile the boys had a big time with Nene at the park, Chuckee Cheese, and the beach. All of their favorites!

Early the next morning A and K and I headed to the beach.
It was super windy and chilly! Neither was a fan this day. 

This is actually Harrison snuggled up with me.  He was not happy to be out there this day.  


During nap time that day Andrew discovered he could climb out of the pack n play, even while wearing his sleep sack.  I heard a strange sound and suddenly there he was walking though the hall way yelling "I get out Mama! I get out of my beach bed!" 

Harrison was excited to get some Vivi snuggles 


That afternoon Greer and I walked the kids over to the park. 


David was working late so Greer and the girls all stayed for an early pizza dinner. We let the kids watch a movie while we scarfed ours down and I cracked up when Greer said, "we have waited a long time for this moment." (meaning all the kids are watching a show peacefully while we eat. Even Vivi watched in her car seat, haha!) This would never have happened a year ago- progress! 

bath time! 


The next day the weather wasn't great for the beach and I knew we needed to get out and do something so we tried a new indoor play place that the kids really enjoyed.





This place was great because there was plenty for all of them to do.




Time to grocery shop!

James was the check out person 






Just as I was thinking about how great things were going Andrew fell coming down this thing and busted his lip. 

"I hurt my lip mama" 

Back to the beach house we went! 


I promise I am holding on tight to this kid but I seriously think he would have gladly jumped in. He and Kate kept saying they wanted to swim!
Nene took us all out to a seafood dinner and the kids did surprisingly well. Kate kept calling the hush puppies, "hush dogs." My mom was so sweet. She kept asking if we wanted to go out and finally I said, "I'm just not willing to go pay so much money when the potential for misery is so high" and she graciously offered to treat us. :) 






Movie night with James after the littles were all asleep 
The next morning we played some more and then Ryan showed up!





This girl and her fashion opinions!

I am all about eating outside so we don't have to clean the kitchen after so we did lots of picnics.  You can imagine the mess we have after meals!
Once Ryan arrived it was time for the kayak.  



James has gotten so good at doing his by himself.  

Every single kids likes going on a ride. "It's MY turn" - we hear that phrase a lot!



That afternoon Andrew and I went to David and Greer's to visit and for him to get his first hair cut! 
When we arrived Vivi was getting to try baby food for the first time!



Cousin love. I thought he looked adorable but my dad's comment was "I thought you were cutting his hair???" Guess it was still a little long in his opinion lol. 

That night I heard screams and Kate had decided to try to join the club for climbing out of the bed but ended up stuck.  She learned her lesson and has yet to attempt this again! Andrew on the other hand- we are still working that problem. 

Of course we had to go get brunch at Chick fil a one morning

Afterwards we split up and Ryan and the boys went to play glow in the dark putt putt

While Andrew and Kate and I went to meet David and Georgia at a different park 




Kate insisted on this outfit: Andrew's shirt, pink pants, gold shoes and of course a hair bow. 

They loved counting to three together and then sliding at the same time. Best perk of being a twin- there is always a playmate! 
That afternoon while the littles napped the big boys and I went for a walk. 



There is nothing like being on the beach!


We cooked out for a family dinner for our last night there and these three were my helpers in the kitchen to make brownies for dessert. 

Post bath giggles 

Oh Moana how I love you. 



We thought we were ending spring break on a high night until late that night when I came down with the stomach virus followed by my mom, Greer, and James 😭  But except for that it was a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment