Friday, February 24, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

I used to love teaching on Valentine's Day. Candy heart math, love letter writing, and of course making our special valentine holders.  I think the teacher in me makes me enjoy these special days as a mom even more.

We started off the day with heart-shaped pancakes. James sure did love them, and I thought they were pretty good myself!


After breakfast it was time to work on a card for Daddy.  James has really started to enjoy coloring...for 5 minutes or so. :)  He also is figuring out stickers so we added some of those as well.

Making Daddy a valentine card

James requested that I put some moons on the card.  His moon obsession continues! 

Finished product



I figured I needed a picture with my little valentine.  I was pretty surprised that I could take the picture and get him to smile in it.

We actually were able to get a babysitter and go out to a  early dinner that night.  Of course when we got back we found out James had cried for over an hour and the sitter had put him to sleep at 6.  Needless to say he was up VERY early the next morning! 
 
While we were in Greenville my dad bought James a little present. How funny is this bear? 
Giving the bear a kiss 

David seems to like the bear
It was a great Valentine's Day. I know that many people view it as just a holiday created by the card companies, but for me personally its a day to remind those in your life how much you love and care about them (and have a good excuse to eat candy!).

No comments:

Post a Comment