Saturday, February 4, 2012

12 Years and Counting

Can you believe that this was the year I first met Ryan?  This picture is at youth group, my freshman year of high school.  Even though Ryan was in 4 out of 6 of my classes, I have to admit that I didn't pay him much attention.


That is until our 10th grade year.  He snagged my heart in a pretty big way! 

Please don't judge my appearance.  This was one of our first mission trips together. Who knows what we had been doing that day!

 Fast forward a decade and things sure have changed!

I still vividly remember that night, 12 years ago when we went on our first date.  February 4, 2000. Ryan picked me up at the house (how awesome was it to date an older guy with a license! haha!)  and took me to a movie. My brother David met him at the door to give him the "older brother don't mess with my little sister" look.  The funny thing is the NC driving law said we had to be home by 9:00 so we never even saw the end of the movie, even after all these years. Lol. I could write a book about all of the special and crazy memories we have had over the past 12 years.
So thankful to be married and still dating my best friend!

On a completely different note, this is what's been going on at our house:
 

The roof is finally getting fixed! It turned out that the whole thing needed to be replaced.  Having lots of people beating and banging all day long has put my type-A personality to the test.  Not to mention trying to keep James out of the yard- there are nails everywhere! So...we have tried to be gone as much as possible and thankfully we had some fun outings planned.

If I can't run outside then I will run inside the house instead!

What are those people doing out there???? And where are my pants???

We met Taylor and her mom for lunch and playtime at Chick-fil-a.  Taylor is such a sweetie and is going to be a wonderful big sister later this month.


On Friday we got to meet a friend at Sci-Port.  I had never taken James there, and he LOVED it.






Sweet boys!
 We are keeping our fingers crossed that the new roof and drywall will be done sometime next week.  Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment