Monday, August 11, 2014

Vacation with the Creech/Holland clan

Even though I had seen my parents and David and Greer this summer we had not done anything all together as a family. We decided to spend the weekend together in Wilmington.  Ryan and I and the kids crashed at David and Greer's (and probably intensified their anxiety about having a child in the near future) while my parents stayed at a hotel. The weather was yucky but we had a blast! 


I cut H off in these but I still loved them.


Since moving back to NC we have realized that our kids LOVE the beach. The sand, the water, being on the boat- they love it all!  Another reason we are thankful to live so close to the coast now! 

Hard to believe last summer he didn't want to go in the water. This year he was begging to go deeper!



Burying his feet with Nene
That night after David and Greer got off work they cooked us a yummy dinner and we got to just hang out and catch up. 


Next morning we had our traditional breakfast at Causeway Cafe. 

When we were done we headed to the beach. It was rainy but that didn't stop us. 



Harrison seriously tried to crawl right into the ocean




Greer is such a good Tia


I had to include this one- this is a classic Harrison expression. 





I think all the pictures with our whole family were taken with my mom's camera. Oh well! Afterwards I went to change the kids and realized I didn't have an extra outfit for H so he got a Nicaraguan t-shirt from my mom. 

He also decided to try a bite of apple. 

Hard to eat with only two teeth!

That night we got a babysitter and went out to dinner. It was nice to have some adult conversation. 



That night I caught this sweet moment with James feeling baby Georgia.  I also told him he could talk to her through the microphone a.k.a. the belly button. It was pretty funny to hear his conversation! 


James and David had a lot of bonding time 


This blog is starting to sound like a broken record but I am SO thankful we are closer to our families again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment