Sunday, June 15, 2014

Bittersweet Goodbyes!

Before moving to Shreveport I had never felt lonely.  Well, technically I was lonely the first week of college and for about 2 days when I started my new job but for all of my life I have been blessed with amazing friends. I have lifelong friends that I have known literally since birth, amazing friends from college that I consider my family, co-workers from my first teaching job that made coming to work every day joyful; I have been richly blessed by friendships.  Well call me crazy but I never thought I would have a hard time making friends when we moved here.  The reality was far from what I expected and what ended up happening was months and months of loneliness. Extreme loneliness. Every day I would pray for God to send me just one friend, just one person to hang out with. It ended up taking about 2 1/2 years before someone finally said yes to hanging out with me but He did send me some very special people who ended up helping me keep my sanity here these past few years.  Saying goodbye to all these people this week has made for some tough emotions.  Not just because I love them but because they love my kiddos and have influenced my boys in such positive ways. 

Sweet JeJe. One of the most wonderful people I have ever known.She also works at James's school and we loved having her run the car pool line.  
My co-worker Leah who taught me so much about teaching kindergarten and offered multiple times to babysit James for free that first year so we could go out. Words can not explain what that meant to Ryan and I! 

My friend Jennifer arranged for some of my friends to have brunch together this past Saturday. Each one of these ladies has encouraged me, loved on my children and brought me meals after having my kiddos. Love them all!  




I forgot to take a picture but I also was able to have lunch with my friends Amanda and Piper this week. I will miss these ladies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment