Wednesday, June 5, 2013

James meets Harrison

I was slightly nervous about how James was going to handle having a new brother. The world completely revolved around him for almost three years. Not to mention he is the only grandchild on both sides. The kid doesn't lack attention! Truthfully I didn't really prepare him that much. Yes, we read books about being a big brother and prayed for baby brother each night but I don't what you can do to really get a toddler ready.

Anyway, when James came running in that hospital room he was SUPER excited. It may have been that he was excited about meeting Harrison or it may have been that he spent the morning making and eating cookies with Nene and Pappy! I thought that would be a fun activity to get his mind off of us being gone...and I love sugar cookies. :) 


Number cookies with his favorite color of icing...purple!
My dad took the really early flight to Shreveport that day.  He brought James a new ECU train for his train track. James was pretty thrilled about it. 


I was so excited to see my big boy!


The first thing James said when he ran in was "Where's the milk?!"  I think in his mind the first thing he was going to do was feed the baby a bottle, lol. He also kept asking where his hands were since they were hidden in the swaddle. 



I finally unswaddled him to prove that Harrison did in fact have hands. 




I thought it would be a good idea for Harrison to give James a present when he came to meet him. I also thought it might be good to have something for James to do at the hospital. His gift came with a snack, a new train, and a few other things. 

Present time


Then James had to give Harrison the dog he made at Build a Bear. 

The family also got to witness the first dirty diaper change; James was fascinated, haha. 


And yes I did break out the emergency IPAD. 

Harrison loved his present 

Spending a little one on one time with Daddy

One of my favorite things about having James after getting to see Ryan be a daddy and experiencing the joy of being a mom was getting to see our parents become grandparents.  This time around my greatest joy has been seeing James become a big brother and how much he loves Harrison.  I love watching the interaction. I can't wait to watch them grow up together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment