Monday, December 10, 2012

Gingerbread Fun

I love the Christmas season.  The music, the decorations, the activities.  It is even more exciting now that James is at such a fun age. I love seeing his face light up when we turn on the tree and hearing the funny things he says like calling candy canes "candy corn" by accident. Tonight he told me that he was born in the hospital and then he was put in the manager just like baby Jesus. This past Sunday at Sunday school they took a walk to see the nativity and his teacher snapped a picture of James trying to ride the sheep. Yes, life is pretty hilarious around our house right now.  It is neat seeing him learn and process all that he is hearing.I also love having fun things to do and all the special memories we get to make. 

When Jennifer told me all of the fun things that she had planned for her kids to do throughout the month I was inspired to try to do some of them with James.  We were excited when she included us in their gingerbread decorating day.  I was especially thankful that she invited us to her house considering this was what was going on at my house that morning. 

Disaster zone

Jennifer had everything ready and organized.  The houses were assembled and the icing and candy was ready for decorating. I have to admit I wasn't sure how this was going to go considering it was with a 2 and 3 year old...

Giving directions 
Putting on the icing 

Adding some decorations 



Whoops, a little carried away with the icing! 

Finished product 



This is what happens when you say to look at the camera

Having a conversation about whether or not to eat the candy that fell on the ground 

No comments:

Post a Comment