Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Back to Mother's Day Out!

We were sooooo excited that it was time for Mother's Day Out to start back! I will be the first to admit that I love being at home with James but I sure do enjoy those precious few hours that he is out of the house.     I wasn't sure how he would do with a new classroom, new teacher, etc. but we tried to really get him excited about it.  I emphasized that he would be getting new friends to play with and new toys.  It amazes me how much better he does with new experiences and transitions when we take the time to really explain and prep him for it beforehand.  When we got to his class he noticed that they had a train table.  Mission accomplished: no tears, only excitement! He has loved going every minute since. 

Taking a picture with Daddy before he had to go to work.  I was a little bummed when I saw all the other dads that were able to go take their kids on the first day. :(  Not much flexibility in Ryan's job at this point in life! 

James wanted nothing to do with having his picture made. I took about 20 and this was the only one that was semi-decent

The good ole self timer
The next day of "school"

I had to sneak this picture. How funny is it that he will sleep on his nap mat?
 It has been a big couple of weeks.  New class at church, new class at school, MOPS, lots and lots of transitions.  I'm proud and happy to say that we have made a lot of progress since last year and thankfully these transitions have all gone smoothly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment