Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Beach Week Part 2

Moving right along through those 700 pictures... :) The morning after Ryan left Mom and I took James for a walk down the beach to the pier.  We were worn out after! 

  
That afternoon I was excited to get James's hair trimmed and my hair cut as well.  How do you get a 2 year old to sit still for a haircut?  Nerds.  I know, it's terrible but it works.  I carry a small box of Nerds at all times in the diaper bag for emergencies.  Haircuts are one of the times I pull them out.  


 I was excited to also get to see Rebecca and Sara on this trip. They both came Monday night and stayed till early Tuesday evening.  Sara was so sweet to immediately take James's 2 year old portraits when she got to the beach.  I'm always amazed that she can get any good pictures of my little wild man. I will definitely post them later. These are actually a couple that my mom took. 

Sara getting the perfect shot. 




I confess that we bribed James during the photo shoot by telling him he could go to the pool when we were done.  The kid loved that swimming pool! This post makes me sound terrible.  Nerds, bribery, late nights...  what kind of mom am I?!?! 


While Mom and JT were at the pool we went out for some girl time at a wonderful Mexican restaurant.  We had the BEST shrimp tacos, homemade salsa, and guacamole. 


We stayed up WAY past my bedtime that night just laughing and talking and then spent the next day chilling and relaxing.  

 The next day Mom and I took James to the railroad museum.  He loved it but I'll be honest.  Something about watching those trains go round and round just makes me want to take a nap.  And I find Thomas the Train to be one of the most boring shows on television. But of course James thought it was the greatest place ever. 

Reading in the caboose






Inside the train

Mom wanted to buy him this hat and I talked her out of it. Now seeing how cute he looks I regret my decision! 


On our way back to the condo we stopped for lunch with Grandma. 

Then for a walk on the beach.  For some reason James was not into walking on the sand.  We spent some time trying to convince him to try it out. 
You can handle it James

No... your mom doesn't need to hold you

Finally!

Ok, Pappy caved and gave him a lift 


Of course another day meant another dinner. Have I mentioned we love food? :) 



Someone has his grandparents wrapped around his little finger! 
Then sadly it was our final day so we made the most of it. We spent more time at the pool.



All week James had been watching the people fly kites.  Next thing you know his Nene had bought him one! 





 Final dinner.  I think its going to be time for a diet after all this fun and food! 
Hmmm...what should we order?

Thanks Mom and Dad for an awesome trip!

Best friends 

Mom will probably kill me for posting this but this picture sums them up.  My mom is always willing to be fun and crazy.!

So long beach



  

The trip went by way too fast but the memories will last a lifetime!


No comments:

Post a Comment