Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Fun-Filled 4th of July

I'm still playing catch up but that seems to be the story of my life! We had a great 4th of July this year.  The day started off with Ryan being off work because... he is now a 4th year and an upper-level resident! Can I get an Hallelujah from someone? :) Thankfully this year he doesn't have to work the holidays so we are SUPER excited about this.  

We started off our day with plans to meet friends for our first movie at the movie theater! (actually it was our first movie ever)  Normally I would never pay to see a movie with a toddler but they are only $1 so we figured this was the best time ever to try it out. On the way to the movie we were telling him that we were going to watch a movie and trying to prep him for it but Ryan and I had never seen this movie (Despicable Me) so all I could think to say about it was that the movie was going to have a little man in it.  James has asked about that little man multiple times since this day, lol.  James made it for an hour which was better than I expected. However I think we may have left several hundred cheerios on the theater floor.  


Taylor managed to sit through the whole movie.  Maybe that will be us next year! 

James had the hardest time sitting in that chair because his feet kept flipping up. He loved it though! 

Later that afternoon we had one of Ryan's co-residents and his family come join us for dinner. Paul actually just finished residency so he and Jill and John are off to San Antonio in a couple of weeks. 


Within the first five minutes that they were at our house James hit John in the head with a golf club...thankfully it was plastic


Obviously we celebrate our independence and freedom in this country on the 4th of July.  However one thing I have gained since living here is interactions with military families and spouses, whether it was through work, Ryan being at the VA hospital, or my MOPS group.  I have SUCH appreciation for all of the men and women who are involved in the military and who work so hard to ensure that we continue to have these freedoms that we often take for granted.  I always jokingly said I could be married to anyone except someone in the military or a pastor (maybe I should have added resident to that list, lol) because I felt like those two jobs involve so many sacrifices from the spouse.  I just really admire people who are in those situations.  
Happy 4th of July! 

No comments:

Post a Comment