Sunday, May 20, 2012

Mother's Day


I had held off on this post because I realized the day after Mother's Day that my camera is missing! I'm so sad because we took family pictures before church and it looks as though they are gone for good.   :( Luckily Ryan had taken a few on his phone.  

Mother's Day weekend started off great with a nap on Saturday and some time to myself in the afternoon.  Ryan took James to Academy where they had "man time" and played on the putting green.  


The next morning I got to sleep in until 6:20 (haha!) and then James and Ryan brought me breakfast in bed along with two sweet cards.  We headed off to church, and Ryan had gotten us reservations for brunch.  Long story short- James was wild and crazy.  Normally he does okay in restaurants or I can at least bribe him to stay good for a little while but not that day. Oh well, at least the food was tasty.  We went home where he then took a classic JT 45 minute nap and woke up MASSIVELY cranky.  Needless to say it wasn't the most restful Sunday but it was still extra special.  Ryan gave me an awesome Groupon for a house cleaning! My favorite present ever!!!!  Ryan and James made me a sweet art project that involved our family hand prints on canvas that we can hang on the wall.  Ryan also put together a video of our recent family vacation. So sweet!

Little guy would not cooperate for a picture 


Random side note- this bib is the greatest one ever.  If you have a baby/toddler you must go get one!  It will save  you many hours with a broom. 

In case any of the out-of-town grandparents want to see Ryan's video 



Ryan and James's art project 
While we were at church on Mother's Day I couldn't help but get overwhelmed with emotion thinking about the joy that being a mother has brought me and how grateful I am to experience it.  My heart was also burdened for those moms and women I know who were struggling on this day.  Moms I'm praying for that are facing serious health battles and don't know how much longer they will have with their children.  Moms who have lost children this year and moms whose children are fighting extreme battles.  I'm constantly reminded that I need to be intentional in my parenting because every day is a gift, and we don't always know what trials lay ahead. I'm also extremely thankful for the many women in my life who are helping me "mother" James.  These women love him, pray for him, and encourage me in this journey. Some have their own children, some don't, but each is playing a part in who he is becoming.  I'm also forever indebted to my own mother and mother-in-law who have taught me so much.  Happy Mother's Day!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment