Tuesday, October 18, 2011

28 Years and 14 Months Old



Yesterday was Ryan's birthday and today James turns 14 months so I figured I would just combine the two into one post. It ended up being a really crazy day but we tried to make the most of it. We started off yesterday with a play date with our MOPS friends at the park.  We were already running late and then it started raining on the way but thankfully  the sun decided to shine.  James LOVES to swing.  He was laughing out loud because he thought it was so much fun.



After the park we ran to get some supplies to make Ryan a special dessert and also to pick up a gift.  While we were leaving Target Ryan called, and we got to meet him for lunch- something that does not happen very often.  I brought my camera and but did I take a picture? Nooooooo, of course I forgot. On the drive home JT feel asleep for 10 minutes and decided that that was his nap for the day.  Needless to say he was a cranky tired mess for the rest of the afternoon.  In desperation I let him play with whatever was in the kitchen so I could make Ryan his chocolate chess pie.  Throughout the course of making this pie just about every single item was taken out of the lower cabinets and James broke my favorite bowl.  Yes it's my fault for letting him play there and Ryan's fault for not putting the locks on the cabinets, but I was still bummed that my bowl is gone! 



One of the only presents I got Ryan was a surprise babysitter so we could go out on a date for his birthday.  Of course that morning I got an email that the babysitter was sick.  Thankfully my back-up sitter came through for us.  I let Ryan pick so we went to Sushi Gen (somewhere I would never chose but I was pleasantly surprised)  I am the first to admit that I like my food cooked so sushi is not my thing.  However I did try the "Monkey Brain."  When Ryan said he wanted to get it I am embarrassed to say that I asked, "Does it really have monkey in it?"  Ryan thought that it was hilarious that I seriously thought that but there are some crazy things in some of that stuff!  The monkey brain was actually really great, but I still ordered something normal and played it safe.

 We realized when we got home that we had no pictures of Ryan and James on his birthday so we decided to just take some this morning.



It is crazy how much James is changing each week.  I can hardly keep up with it!  It feels like he was just turning one and now it's already two months later.  We have hit a huge milestone because he is finally walking!!!  Definitely still prefers crawling but is getting better at walking every day. James, here are some special moments from your 14th month. 

Stats:  18-24 month clothes, just moved up to a size 5 diaper for nighttime.  Not sure exactly how much you weigh, but we tried to weigh you on our scale and we think it's a lot!

Likes:  Being outside, kicking and throwing balls, climbing up stairs, dancing- anytime you hear any music, eating, going to Mother's Day Out, taking strolls around the neighborhood, taking things out of drawers and cabinets, climbing onto the couch and giving your mom a heart attack when you almost fall off onto our concrete floors, playing in our fireplace (a big no no)

Dislikes: Taking Tylenol and Advil for your teeth, getting dressed when you would rather be playing, taking naps (some things never change), being told you have to come inside

  Over the past month your two bottom molars have broken through so you now have 10 teeth.  The main words you say are: Mama, diaper, juice, cheese, bye bye, uh oh,  bubble, and of course ball.  I think you say ball a minimum of 1000 times a day.  It's the first thing you say when you wake up in the morning and probably the last thing you say at night.  We even hear you telling it to yourself on the monitor.  You have started trying to "brush" your teeth by yourself after we have done it for you.  You also have learned to show us your tongue and your nose when asked.  It is hilarious to see you dance- you have more rhythm than either of your parents.  It is amazing how much you can understand and that you do what we ask you to do(sometimes).  The other day I told you to sit down if you wanted me to take your shoes off and I was shocked that you actually did it!  Your dad and I love you so much and you bring so much joy and humor to our lives. :)


Coloring at the library

A masterpiece!  His little friend Bridget "helped" him
Loves to feed Daddy cheerios


No comments:

Post a Comment