Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Visit to NC

So once again I have gone against my earlier statements and decided to take James with me to NC for another visit. Though I really dread flying and traveling alone with him and it definitely disrupts our normal schedule, I know that this is the one time in my life that I have the flexibility to travel. I’m not working right now, Ryan works a lot, and James doesn’t have to have a ticket yet. Also he is changing so fast and it just makes sense for me to do the traveling versus all of our family and friends having to come here. Anyway, Ryan got the opportunity to take kidneys out of pigs in Dallas with a special machine so I decided this would be a good time to go on back home. :) It also happened to be Relay for Life weekend, and since it was JT’s first time to be on the team he needed to make an appearance.

Before we headed over to Relay James and I went to visit with Aunt Randy, Uncle Bobby, and Nana. Sandra had pulled out some of Ryan’s old toys, and James had a lot of fun playing with those.




Afterward we headed to South Central. It was one of the biggest crowds I could remember at a Relay. James was not too keen on strolling on the track, but we did get to hang out with lots of friends. Ashley came to see us and hang out at Relay. James did pretty well but had a sudden extreme meltdown so we had to get on home and put him to bed.



James was so tiny compared to this big guy

Of course one of the best things about being in NC is getting to see family. We really miss not being just a few minutes car drive away! David drove from Wilmington to see us. He could only stay a couple of hours before he had to leave, but we were so thankful he came. Thanks for making such an effort to visit us David!



We also got to hang out with Whitney, Rod, and the Holland’s at their house. JT especially loved playing on the pool table and getting to try some banana pudding given by his Nana.



Since I was staying in Greenville for a decent amount of time it worked out for me to leave James with Granny and go meet my bible study girls in Wilson. We don’t typically get to hang out all at once so it was really special to have that opportunity.

Getting ready to go. It was weird leaving James behind!

I miss these girls!

The next day our wonderful family photographer Sara came over to take some pictures of James. We took him to the strawberry patch. He was so funny. I think he was a little confused and we couldn’t convince him to eat a strawberry. It may have been the first time he ever refused food! These are just a few of the pics that I took. I can't wait to see Sara's!



I wonder what he is thinking here... he looks like he is up to something!

We had some more visitors that day including Aunt Sandra who hadn’t met JT yet. He loved her!!! Abby and her mom stopped by as well as Shannon. Shannon and I had planned on walking but went shopping instead- haha!


Is it time for a haircut???

My mom invited me to go to the Power of the Purse luncheon on my last day in town. We needed someone to babysit and my dad graciously volunteered. I have to admit I was the slightest bit skeptical about the situation and left a lot of detailed notes. Dad not only got James down for a nap but he even dealt with a massive diaper blowout. Dad- I will never doubt your abilities again!!!


Aunt Nell and Margy came to visit and go to the luncheon



It was another great trip to NC. I’m always amazed at how fast the days fly by and fill up. There is never enough time to do all I want to do or see everyone I want to see. But…that’s just another reason we will have to come back soon, right? :)


This is one of those outfits his dad and uncle make fun of, but I think it looks precious!

One of the funniest moments of the trip. James was scared of Granny Deb's bread. He doesn't know what he is missing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment