Sunday, December 24, 2017

Christmas Eve

This was our year to have Christmas Eve at home and since it fell on a Sunday we started off the day going to church.  I made the kids get dressed up and with the exception of Kate no one was very happy about it.  Clothing is normally something I don't bother fighting about but I admit, I selfishly wanted them dressed cute on this day! 


Harrison is wearing a coat that belonged to my brothers and he was SO ticked about having to wear it and having to have his shirt tucked in! I thought he looked adorable. 




I don't know if he was mad about the jacket or if he just wanted to be mad about something! 


A lady at church offered to take our picture. Gotta love his expression here and his refusal to open his eyes...

Once he got these glasses during the children's message he suddenly had a change of heart 

We came home and he worked on painting his car he got from Nana and Pop the day before 

Our church also had a kid friendly Christmas Eve service that afternoon and Harrison wanted to go and I decided to take just Kate.  We did a wardrobe change and apparently the bow tie was a hit.  This post makes it sound like all we did was go to church all day but we really did do a lot of other things. I did joke with the pastor that people like us needed to double up on services when we can. 


Kate was a total mess at this service.  She was so uncooperative! By the time the sermon started we had already been up three times.  Right when the pastor started preaching she announced to the congregation that she needed to poop and I decided it was time to go on home. 

Harrison was just thrilled he got to have his glow stick (which they use instead of candles) 

It was time for bed and the boys wanted to sleep in their new sleeping bags which they ended up using for the rest of the Christmas break.  

Just when I thought everyone was finally tucked in for the night James had a sudden freak out that we had eaten all the cookies we made and not saved any for Santa.  Thankfully we just happened to have some vanilla wafers.  Ryan made me water down the milk because "milk is expensive and these kids drink a ton."  Sorry Santa- it's slim pickings here these days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment