Sunday, November 12, 2017

Miss Margaret Adele

I still remember exactly where I was in the house, cleaning up the boys' room when I got a text from Whitney asking if I could keep a secret, that she was pregnant!  Not many people surprise me but boy I was surprised that morning. So so exciting!!! When we found out she was having a girl I was thrilled for Kate to have a girl cousin on that side of the family to have as a friend.  Sweet Margaret Adele came right on her due date and all six of us were immediately smitten when we got that first picture of her with her sweet cheeks and that dark hair.  Ryan, James, Harrison, and I headed to the hospital the weekend after she was born and we loved getting to meet her.  Andrew and Kate can't wait until their turn!


I confess I stole her to hold her first. Sorry Ryan that Whitney is your sister and technically just my sister in law.  And I teared up, what can I say babies make me emotional! I can't handle all the love and emotions lol. 


These boys were completely enamored! They love their new cousin! 


They both immediately wanted to hold her. 

When I asked Harrison if he was ready to give her back to me he looked up with a little grin and shook his head no!

Ryan remarked to me that she felt so tiny and later we both talked about how crazy it was that Margaret is almost three times the size Kate was at birth and she is twice the size of Kate when we got to bring Kate home. Craziness! 

Photo credit: James Holland 

Ryan joked in this picture, "Wasn't this supposed to be our family? 2 boys and a girl?" 

More cousin snuggles 




We love you so much Margaret! 

No comments:

Post a Comment