Sunday, July 16, 2017

21/22 Months

This started as a 21 month post but I never got around to finishing it so I guess this is now all about Andrew and Kate at 21/22 months old. :) 

What's life like with these two lately? COMPLETELY CRAZY!  These kids are busy busy busy all day long.  I told someone it's like having ants that are always running around in different directions.  They are so much fun but they keep me on my toes!  

Andrew you are still my sweet, busy boy. You are very attached to your mama lately.  You are constantly on the move- running around, climbing things, and you are so fast!  You love to be chased, to laugh, and you are also a little sensitive at times.  You have such a sweet sweet smile.  You absolutely hate dogs and having your hair washed.  You love to read books and to sing songs and dance. 

Kate you have really come out of your shell recently.  Every day you are talking more and more.  You also love to babble and talk nonsense WAY more than any of our other kids.  You have full conversations in your "language".  These past months you have started doing more two word phrases.  Some of your first ones have been "bug bite, hot dog, oh no!, all done, a bite, I help, hey baby, hi mama."  I love hearing that sweet voice.  You love to strut around and pretend to talk on your telephone.  One of the childcare workers recently said to me "she walks around this place like she thinks she runs the world."  You may be our youngest and smallest but no one is going to boss you around! 

Both of you are active, happy (for the most part) kids.  You adore each other but also love to drive each other crazy.  I had to separate you at the kitchen table because you kept stealing each other's forks and food.  The other day I heard Andrew shriek in the car and glanced back to see that Kate stole his pacifier.  I looked in the rear-view mirror and she was waving it around and saying "paci paci".    Upon being asked to give it back she quickly threw it onto the floor.   You both also love each other.  Some of my favorite moments are before I go in to get you from bedtime or nap and I hear you twin talking and laughing out loud about something that only you two know about.  I love that every day you are both learning new things and you are both changing so quickly! Only two more months until you are 2!!!

We stopped by to see Daddy at the office one morning 

Andrew's first taste of a Popsicle lol 

Sweet Kate wearing Madeline's dress


Another day, another speech session. They LOVE their speech therapists 

"Mom, why do you keep taking my picture???" 

Silly boy thought it was so funny to eat his pancake like this 

Wild hair don't care 

When you have three older brothers sometimes you get turned into a ninja princess 

The first of many time outs 


Monkey see monkey do 

"Hey mom! If my brother went to time out I want to go to!" 

This only lasted five minutes but it was a nice five minutes 
Wild hair don't care part 2

In the time it took me to unbuckle Kate from the car seat this little monkey had been on the move 

Kate often looks serious when I take her picture but this is her normal smile when she gets excited 


Favorite current activity- turning the lights on and off. If I can't locate him I almost always notice the lights flickering and this is where I find him 

"Hello? I can't talk right now I'm eating lunch." 

"Everyone look at mama for the picture" #doublefail 

22 months old and completely Elmo obsessed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment