Thursday, July 30, 2015

Maternity/Family Pictures

Sara and I have been making plans for a long time for her to come to New Bern for the weekend to hang out and take some family pictures for us. When we first started talking about it I don't think I was even pregnant so I never guessed these would also be my maternity photos! Sara is such a wonderful friend, selfless and helpful and so much fun to be around. My boys loved spending time with her! The day we did our pictures we ended up having unexpected bad weather and both boys were in a terrible mood. I think we only took pictures for about 30 minutes and I am AMAZED that she was able to get these pictures in that time frame! These are just a few of my favorites. 



We love living in a town with a river front.



I love this sweet boy so much!
This picture makes me laugh. Harrison kept running off during the photo shoot and Ryan had to chase him down. 





I personally love this one because it shows Harrison's personality 









I love his chubby cheeks!
The morning she left Sara also took a few of our morning routine. 



I LOVE this one of the boys in their pjs telling Ryan goodbye. They do this every morning that they are awake. 
Lego time- James's current favorite toy
Harrison's favorite current toy- the kitchen set

I hope they love these next two as much as they love each other


Doing his "homework"
Harrison loves playing the musical instruments
So incredibly thankful for my family 
Thank you Sara for spending the weekend with us and capturing these memories!
Sara always asks her clients to fill out a short questionnaire.  I always like to record the final question which is "what is it about your family at this stage that you always want to remember?" 

If I could freeze a snapshot of our life during this time I would.  It is such an incredibly precious time for our family. I want to remember Harrison's silliness and the way he makes all of us laugh every day. I want to remember how sweet James is, how he still has some little boy left in him even though he is growing up so fast. I want to remember the special bond that the two of them have as brothers and how much they love each other.  I want to remember the excitement they have when they see their daddy after he has a long day at work.  I want to remember how wonderful this year has been for Ryan and I, our first year after residency.  We have had so much time to reconnect which has been a huge blessing. I don't think there is any way to prepare for how much life is going to change after we add two more babies to our family.  I never imagined myself as the mother of twins but I am so incredibly grateful and thankful to have this unique and special blessing.  With this more than likely being my last pregnancy and though it has been a tough pregnancy for me I want to remember the blessings that have come with it: the flutters, the kicks, the excitement of seeing them interact on ultrasounds and knowing that these babies will share a special bond forever.  I am overwhelmed with gratitude that I have been chosen to be the mother of these four children and I will forever be thankful for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment