Friday, March 25, 2011

Welcome to Hollywood...Shreveport Style!







In honor of the movie Battle Los Angeles opening last weekend, I felt the need to write this post. Its a well-known fact that I am somewhat of a celebrity junkie. Yes I did (key word did-as in pre-motherhood days) read people.com daily and Ryan did get me a magazine subscription to People so I can keep up with the latest news. It's not something I'm proud of, but I confess that I do have a slight addiction. So imagine my surprise when I found out that Louisiana is 3rd for the state with the most movies made in the United States. We are known as the " Hollywood" of the south. A few weeks after moving here we were on our way to visit a church when we became very confused. Huge billows of black smoke was in the air and as we continued down the interstate we saw a huge sign that said, " Danger, Film Crew Ahead". On our left we saw an 18-wheeler that was on FIRE. Obviously it turned out that they were filming a movie (Battle Los Angeles) Since then we have had multiple celebritites hanging out in Shreveport such as Nicholas Cage, Katie Holmes and Suri, Aaron Eckheart, Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner, and as of right now Gerald Butler and Jessical Biel. I even read in People about a series being filmed here and the stars hanging out at our Target. It makes me and Ryan laugh to read about Jessica Biel eating at restaurants that we go to and Jennifer Garner buying Violet and Seraphina outfits at a store that I shop for James. Apparently the celebs really like the "slower" life that they get down here while filming. When we matched here we just had no idea that we were moving to such a celebrity hotspot! Lol!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment